I was exposed to InDesign and had learnt how to make use of different effects to make my poster more aesthetically appealing. For instance, I like how to create a faint background to add more colors my poster. Usually, I used Pages to create simple posters. After this enriching experience, I will be able to create more professional posters for other projects using InDesign.
I also got more familiar with SketchUp after this project. During Sec 1, I had only used SketchUp for modeling with lines and regular shape like squares/rectangle. While working on this project, I had opportunities to practice how to model something using arches, irregular shape. I had also utilized imported items to show how the space was used. With all these new skills, I could then model products for other projects such as I&E.
Though it wasn't my first time writing a report, I had learnt how to make use of my research to support my decisions in the projects. This will help me in the future when I had to write another report for ProjectWork.
Difficulties Encountered & How I Overcame it
The applications caused my Macbook to lagged. I wasted a lot of time waiting for the application to respond again. Some of my files were unsaved when the applications auto quit. I overcame the difficulties by making use of waiting time to sketch down some of my ideas that I need to put into my report. I also cultivated a habit to save my files constantly, even though only minor changes were made.
Another problem I found was that I did not have sufficient skills to model my product in SketchUp. I spent a lot of time figuring how to create rounded rectangle and move imported items to the desirable position. I overcame the problem by approaching my classmate for help and learnt from them how to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment